- Create a payroll tax credit to help workers and small businesses.
- Cut the 25 percent marginal tax rate to 15 percent.
- Reduce the business tax rate.
- Stabilize housing prices by providing tax credits so responsible home buyers can avoid foreclosures.
- Control federal spending and move to a balanced budget.
- End Medicare fraud by requiring states to adopt anti-theft and anti-fraud measures.
- Develop more American energy.
- Abolish taxes on capital gains.
- Protect workers' right to vote in a secret ballot before being forced to join a union.
- Replace the Sarbanes-Oxley law regulating corporations' accounting practices.
- Abolish the death tax.
- Invest in infrastructure, including a new electric grid.
An ad in USA Today outlining these 12 ideas criticized the "failed Washington model of bailouts, deficit spending and a bloated federal bureaucracy."
Newt Gingrich is probably the most perceptive and credible voice on the scene today. We have to hope more people will start listening to him.
Click Here to Comment