If you’ve been following the news closely you will have seen a wide variety of comments on the economy. Some paint a rosy picture, telling us that things are getting better and the recession will end in a few months, while others tell us we are headed for a depression to make the 30s look like a boom time.
To help you evaluate the true condition of our economy, here are the top twelve indicators that the economy is bad:
12. CEO's are now playing miniature golf.
11. I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.
10. I went to buy a toaster oven and they gave me a bank.
9. Hotwheels and Matchbox car companies are now trading higher than GM in the stock market.
8. Obama met with small businesses - GE, Pfizer, Chrysler, Citigroup and GM, to discuss the Stimulus Package.
7. McDonalds is selling the 1/4 ouncer.
6 People in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and are learning their children's names.
5. The most highly-paid job is now jury duty.
4. People in Africa are donating money to Americans. Mothers in Ethiopia are telling their kids, "finish your plate; do you know how many kids are starving in America?"
3. Motel Six won't leave the light on.
2. The Mafia is laying-off judges.
And the most dependable indicator of all ...
1. If the bank returns your check marked as "insufficient funds," you have to call them and ask if they meant you, or them.
Click Here to Comment