Some Islamic groups have expressed anger at what they say amounts to a policy of discrimination whereby Muslims traveling on London's mass transport system are targeted for searching ahead of other religious and ethnic groups.
Many in their middle and working class neighborhoods said the communities have become alienated by U.S. and British policy in the Middle East.
Clearly, British Muslims are not seeing clearly what is going on around them. Let’s review:
- Terrorist violence is predominantly the work of Muslims.
- The 24 suspected terrorists arrested in London whose plans to blow up airliners bound for the U.S. was foiled were Muslims.
- There is a faction of radical religious fanatics who have sworn to destroy democratic nations like Great Britain and the U.S., and they are all Muslims.
- Many if not most Muslims in Great Britain consider themselves Muslims first, and British citizens second.
- Many if not most of the Muslims in Great Britain have not assimilated themselves into British society.
The Muslims in Britain have a serious case of denial. They do not realize that Muslim fanatics are the cause of most of their problems; it hasn’t dawned on them that it is a problem that they are more concerned with what is happening in Arab nations than in England where they are citizens. Instead of getting angry with British authorities, whose efforts to prevent terrorist activities against British citizens by focusing on those who historically have been responsible for those activities, they should take a good long look in the mirror, realize that their fellow Muslims are the problem that needs to be addressed, and get busy cleaning up their own Mosque.
War On Terror